Finally! I’m back to post my Pinterest challenge project! I was away for a funeral for a while and had to get back to regular life and catch up and of course it took me much longer than I wanted it too. Anyway…
So I’m totally into this faux taxidermy trend. I kind of love it and hope it sticks around forever. In Sawyer’s nursery I have a pair of antlers (not faux…they’re the real deal) that I bought at a thrift store for $4 and spray painted white. This is a pic from this post: (Wow! I need to get pics posted of Sawyer’s completed room.)
I also found a little porcelain cow bust at a thrift store for $3 that is now hanging on the wall in my master. This is a pic of it from this post:
So even though I already have a couple of animals hanging on my walls, I couldn’t help but want to get some more!
For the Pinterest Challenge I went into my DIY folder and purused my past pins. When I saw this image
I thought it would be the perfect project! I was fully aware of course that my DIY version would most likely be uglier than this but I thought I’d give it a shot anyway. Maybe the ugliness would add to the charm. 🙂
So off to Home Depot I went in search of some wire.
Heres the breakdown:
Cost: About $6
- Plenty of 16 Ga. Dark Annealed Wire (I bought the 2lb reel). OKay. So now that this project is done, I can tell you I HATE THIS WIRE for this project. It is too stiff and hard to shape and really beat up my hands and fingers! I suggest a covered clothesline wire or floral wire. I saw some colored floral wire at the Dollar Store and am going to try it out again with that I think. But, for the sake of accuracy in the tutorial, I used the 16 Ga. wire from Home Depot for this project.
- Wire cutters.
- Pliers or jewelry tools are helpful for twisting the wire ends.